Perfect Fit Pleated and Perfect Fit Honeycomb Blinds are amazing products designed for use with uPVC windows and doors. The Perfect Fit system consists of a blind and a surrounding aluminium frame. The blind is made from one of our pleated or honeycomb fabrics. The surrounding aluminium frame is made in a shade to match the most common UPVC Window/door frame colours.
Once assembled the frame, with the blind inside it, is attached via easy fit brackets to the double glazed window or door frame. The blind itself then sits snugly within the glass area or your window/door with the frame blending in seamless into your window/ door frame. This creates a blind system that appears to be an integral part of your window or door.
Due to the simplicity of the Perfect Fit Blind system as regards both measuring and fitting, it is ideal for DIY installation. No need for drilling, screws or holes; just a simple pressure fit bracket that slides under the beading gasket. A quick and clean process that anyone can complete with no special skills or tools required.
Other benefits include;
- child safety – with no hanging cords or chains perfect fit pleated & honeycomb blinds are child safe by design. The blinds have a clear plastic tab attached to the base rail to raise and lower them.
- Access to the window is not impeded - The window sills are kept clear from obstructions as the blinds sit snug in the window frames. This enables easy access to open and close the windows for ventilation, cleaning or maintenance purposes.
- Increased longevity of the blind – due to the surrounding frame the blinds are better protected from rattling breezes or curious pets.
- No need for any DIY know how or specialist tools - these blind click together and easy fit brackets clip them onto your windows. This makes them ideal for those in rental accommodation, lacking DIY confidence or those without access to a tool box and drills.
- Easy measuring for bay windows and conservatories – these can be tricky to measure for when installing other blind types due to the corner areas. With perfect fit blinds you are simply measuring the visible glass dimensions of each glass pane so have less chance of making errors.
Pleated blinds are fabric blinds with a clever concertina design. This means they fold up to an unobtrusive gather when fully raised. These fabrics have been designed to keep rooms cooler and are therefore recommended for conservatories or south facing windows. The Honeycomb fabrics in this range are a type of pleated blind with a unique honeycomb cell construction. This helps to lock in warmth during the winter and provides heat protection throughout the summer.
Please note we do not recommend for Pleated or Honeycomb fabrics to be installed in areas where moisture is prevalent. All of these fabrics are stiffened to allow them to keep their concertina like folds. Excessive humidity may cause issues with how the stiffened fabric performs over the longer term.
We are pleased to be able to offer our Perfect Fit Pleated and Perfect Fit Honeycomb blinds in a wide range of colours and in blackout and non-blackout fabrics. We can also make Pleated and Honeycomb blinds using our Free Hang system for those without UPVC windows. Please go to our Pleated and Honeycomb Blind pages if the Perfect Fit system is not suitable for your windows.
As you browse our fabric range you will notice each fabric has a Sun Shade Factor (SSF). This number is worked out by looking at how much the fabric transmits, absorbs, and reflects solar energy. The higher the Sun Shade Factor number the greater protection the fabric will offer you from the sun, keeping your room cooler.